Sunday, June 05, 2011

WW

So for those of you who do NOT know me... I joined weight watchers a few years back, started running, and lost 65lbs. Then I let it slip, stopped going to meetings, and just let life happen without taking care of myself. I still ran every now and then, and even did a 5K as I was gaining.
People around me don't eat very well, and it hasn't mattered much to me. I went back to a meeting yesterday, and was astounded at the difference the second time around. The first time I joined, the emotions were high. I was ashamed, embarrassed that I had to be there, hesitant, and didn't think it was something that was going to last. Yesterday, I sat in the meeting with a room full of supportive people. I felt proud that I had made the choice to take care of myself, excited to start the journey. It's so funny too... I hadn't even started to program, but I immediately had a shift in thought and felt better about myself.

No comments: