Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back to the Future... or, CHICAGO!

Hey Friends and Family, I'll be updating from my blog that's been used once in the past two years so that my facebook friends don't unfriend me due to my many random posts about my summer away. Here's the scoop on the first day! Important things first: if I want to walk about a mile round trip each morning there is a Starbucks! I didn't pack some of the big things because they wouldn't fit in the one piece of luggage I used for 6 weeks worth of items, so once I found my room, I found a target. It was definitely tough buying a nice comforter and pillow, knowing I'll most likely trash them at the end of this. When I returned from Target, I met my suit-mate, and can not express my happiness at the fact that she has a CAR! Good-by, public transportation to get groceries! On the way back from Target, a nice man helped a lady with directions while on the el. In exchange for his kindness, she paid him in beer, which he proceeded to open and down while in a public space where we obviously shouldn't be drinking. Welcome to Chicago!

No comments: