Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Excommunication

Ok, here's another online dating story for you... I sort of don't know where to start.
Over the past week this guy, let's call him Creep, was sort of putting feelers out about meeting up. He's in Newport, VT. I am in the Burlington area - of course, meeting up is not going to be easy or short. He tried to cater ideas to my musical tastes, eating preferences... and even got a little flirty in his texts (yes... he has my damn cell phone number now).
So today I left school, and Creep had left me a text "What time do you get out of work?" It was random, so I texted back a few times for today, tomorrow, and Friday. He texted back, "I'll leave my office in about 45 min and head over".
What? Had we made plans that I forgot about? I couldn't have because I have a dinner date with a friend from high school tonight. I don't mess this stuff up... and if I do, it's on a much bigger scale than this.
So I got on my phone and called him for the first time. I asked if we had made plans. Creep said, "No, but I figured I'd try anyway". Why pretend that you had made plans with somebody to see if they go along with it? Feels pretty manipulative and my instincts were screaming NOOO! I told him I was busy tonight. He asked if we were still on for Sunday. I said, "I think so" and we left it at that.
The more I thought, the more I realized this was strange. I called Jodi, and her creeper-radar went off too - and she advised I trust my instincts. So sorry, Mr. Creep, you are officially being excommunicated from my life.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I've asked it before, I'll ask it again: What is wrong with you VT men?

Your story reminds me a Onion Valentine's day card from a while ago. The caption was "Quit your squawking! I'm only stalking!"