Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You asked for it...

Dating story number 1:
A young man did not get the hint a few weeks ago. Jodi is convinced that he's a nice young guy, but I am convinced he's not for me. I don't want to be an ass about this or make fun of anybody, but the biggest part of the date to share with you, world, would be the fact that he kept saying, "wow, where have you been all of my life?" on a first date. First date? That is a sure sign that we are not on the same page, sir. That is not something you say when you first meet somebody, especially if you want to keep them around for a little while.
The other part of the date happened to be a stroll through a corn maze. I have mentally noted that that is not a good first date activity. He couldn't follow the map, and I am a control freak so I ended up leading. Plus, when you are walking you can't walk side by side so one person is always following the other. Does not support good conversation. Just a word to the wise, or directionally challenged.
Meanwhile, I am still craving the Venison Cigar Rolls from the Bearded Frog which I haven't made it back to yet! I'm still planning it... eventually!
More date stories to follow.

1 comment:

There's no room for love in a modern sky said...

Thanks for mention of those venison cigar rolls and forcing a search for them. With maple horseradish dipping sauce? It sounds like food from dreams.